Saturday, April 26, 2014

Time Well Spent

As my time at Walden University comes to a close, it is very bittersweet.  I have learned so much throughout the past two years.  I never realized just how passionate I was about young children and working with their families.  One thing that this program has taught me is that I want to do more than just teach in a classroom.  I started this program thinking I was wanted to teach Pre-K one day.  I am not sure so that is the case anymore.  I have realized just how far this degree can take me and I am not sure that I want to settle as just a classroom teacher when I can do so much more good for children.  Another thing that I learned is anyone can stand up and be an advocate for social change.  I never did see myself as being a voice for children, but I do now.  I know that I have the knowledge to fight for social change and I know that I can do it.  I can make a difference.  The third thing that this program has taught me is just how much I love working with children and families.  Every job will come with problems, but seeing these children and getting to know their families on a personal basis is a wonderful experience.  I feel like I really touch their lives and make a difference.  That is something that I want to always continue doing.  Anyone can make the difference in the life of a child.  Just make sure that it's a positive difference.

The long term goal that I have is to never give up on my dream of one day owning my own daycare.  I know this is something that will not happen in the immediate future, but I hope to one day be able to open my own center.  Throughout this course, I became passionate about opening up a daycare and that dream has stuck with me for the past year.  My goal is to make it a reality within the next three years.

I want to thank Dr. Dartt for all the feedback and challenging me to think outside of the box on several issues.  Her wisdom made me think and she taught me so much.  I just want to say thanks for all of your help during this course.

I want to thank all of my classmates for all of their help throughout this course and the program.  It has been really fun getting to know each of you and I hope all of you achieve your dreams and goals.  I have learned so much from each of you throughout our discussions and blogs.  Each of you have helped me along the way by providing insight into different issues and made me think in different ways.  I have valued each of your opinions and will take that with me throughout my future.  Thank you to each of you and good luck in your futures.  We did it!  We made it through our Master's program!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Misty, this class has also opened up my eyes to see a bigger picture. I also learned that there is much more outside of the classroom. I want to thank you for your support throughout the program. You have helped me by your encouraging post to my discussions, and I am extermely grateful. I wish you much luck in your future. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Misty,

    We have a similar long-term goal and I am sure we will be able to accomplish it in the future. I have benefitted tremendously through our interactions on the discussion posts and blog. I wish you success in everything that you want to achieve.
    Take care!

    Sonali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misty
    I wish you luck in achieving your long term goal of opening your own child care center. Once you put your mind to something I know you will be able to achieve anything! It has been a pleasure getting to know you through this course. Good Luck with your future endeavors!

    Rachael

    ReplyDelete
  4. Misty,
    It has been great working with you, I appreciate all of your opinions, questions, and answers to our discussion questions. Good Luck to you

    ReplyDelete