Friday, December 7, 2012

My Supports

There are many different types of supports. These can include: emotional, physical, finanical, social, and academic support. My husband gives me support from all of these areas.  My husband is a wonderful support for me.  He supports me by always being there for me emotionally, helping out with household chores, and taking care of our children when needed so I am able to focus on school.  My husband always encourages me to do my best with my schoolwork.  We are a team and I could not do this without him and his support.  I also have a huge support system with my mother.  She helps out by watching my children and always being there for me.  I am very blessed to have my husband and mother in life and to have them help and support me so much.  It would be very difficult without these supports.  I don't think I would be able to go back to school or buy my children things that they need.  I would probably have to work two jobs or live in a very tiny house or apartment if I did not have my husband.  His supports is what I need on a daily basis to keep me motivated to keep pushing on when times are tough.

I often think of the challenges that children and adults face when they are bound to a wheelchair.  They need all kinds of support from others for their daily living.  If I found myself suddenly having to be in a wheelchair I think it would be difficult.  I would need a lot of emotional support.  It would be hard watching everyone else walk or run and knowing that I can no longer do those things.  I'm sure there would be times that I would need someone's shoulder to cry on or to complain and vent my anger with.  I would need physical support.  I would not be able to drive myself places so I would need support there.  I would also need someone helping me around the house doing everyday tasks that would not longer be easy for me.  Finding a decent paying job may be difficult so I would need financial support.  I also would need help with my children.  I have two very young sons and would need help raising them.  I think being in a wheelchair would be very challenging and difficult for me.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Misty, I have always enjoyed reading your blog.Yes,I perfectly agree with support from family especially from your spouse.God forbid anyone becomes wheelchair bound because one definitely would need emotional, physical ,financial and social support.This made me reflect on what people with disability go through everyday.Don't we just take a lot for granted? Have a happy holiday with all those supportive angels in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty,

    I can't imagine what life would be like if bound to a wheelchair. I know that I would become very dependent on family and friends for everything from moral support to financial and physical support. This assignment has certainly pointed out for me all of the things, support included, that I take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misty,

    I agree, being in a wheel chair would be very difficult. Not being able to walk and do the things I like to do is hard to imagine. My father had a partial amputation of his right leg due to diabetes. He never recovered. There were other serious complications caused by the disease, but he never got used to being in a wheel chair. My dad was always so independant and losing his leg, plus his strength from the disease, caused his health to decline even faster. I thank God for blessings such as being able to walk, talk, see, hear, and feel...as well as my supports and other blessings, daily!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so awesome to have someone support us emotionally, especially for women, we are over emotional at times. I am glad to hear that your husband is there for you, taking care of the kids, and helping out in areas needed. Life takes us up and down, it is hard to figure things out and take care of home and children, when life becomes difficult. You are truely a blessed woman. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you are extremely lucky to have such a supportive family. Your husband appears to provide great support to you and how wonderful it is that you can recognize that. You two must have a great relationship as a result of that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Misty,
    We have this in common- I, too, receive most of my support on all levels from my husband, and also rely on my mother to help when I need it. Family is our natural support system, and we are lucky to have these supports in place.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete