Saturday, January 12, 2013

Expanding Resources

Establishing contacts with professionals in other countries sounds like a great idea.  It is a good way to expand our resources.  However, I have found it very difficult to locate and communicate with people from other countries.  Most of my emails have came back to me, thinking it is spam.  I was able to communicate with Mrs. Carmin Lica from Romania.  She is in involved with Step by Step Centre for Education and Professional Development.  I also made contact with Kate Yocum.  She used to teach education in Finland, but now lives in the United States.  I sent an email to Mrs. Eva-Hammes-Di Bernardo of the German National Committe for Early Childhood Education in Germany.  I am still waiting to hear back from her.  This assignment was really tough.  I am hoping that I do not have to pick the alternate option.

The website I decided to look at was the National Headstart Association.  I choose this website because I work for headstart and thought it could help me on my job.  The website is very imformative.  It has all kinds of opportunities for workshops and conferences.  I believe this website is a very good one.  The link is http://www.nhsa.org/

6 comments:

  1. Misty, yes it is tought however, I must say if you must choose the alternative plan so be it. The reward will be greater in the end result, it just takes a little change. xoxo
    Althea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree 100%, it has been very tough contacting early childhood professionals. I had e-mails undelivered also and the e-mails that didn't, I have yet to hear back from them. I am certain that I'm going to use the alternative option 1. I wish you much success in the course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to know that you were actually able to make contacts with a few international early childhood professionals. I hope that they will continue to communicate with you so you can build your knowledge, and we, as your colleagues, can learn along with you. Where did you find the email addresses for the two possible contacts you have already?

    I also choose a website that was pertinent to my current work environment. I really wanted something that was interesting and could be put into a real-life situation. I look forward to hearing more about this organization.

    Thanks for sharing, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Misty,
    Keep the faith, like Patricia said even if you have to do the alternative The World Forum Foundation is a fantastic site. I'm excited that you have made contact and I look forward to hearing your conversations. What a great idea to choose a site that pertains to your work, this will be a great learning experience for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Misty,

    It is really great that you do have a start of this difficult process. I believe that I am so anxious to see what I can learn that I sort of become discouraged. It is kind of a relief to know that others are experiencing the same issue. I wish you luck on your journey

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Misty,
    I work for Head Start as well so it is great to see someone who knows the experience of working for such a wonderful organization.
    I also received a failure notice for one of the emails that I have sent out so far, so the fact that you seem to have enjoyed some luck with your contact from Romania is promising. Good luck on your continued research and I look forward to corresponding with you in the future.

    ReplyDelete