Monday, June 24, 2013

Professional Hopes and Goals

Working with children and families can be so rewarding.  Working with children and families from diverse backgrounds can be even more rewarding for everyone involved.  One hope that I have when working with children and families from diverse backgrounds is the hope to learn more about their culture and make them feel welcome, loved, and accepted.  I believe that once they feel this connection, then we can work together for the interest of the child. 

One goal that I would like to set is to make everyone feel accepted.  I want to do away with personal biases and focus on really getting to know the whole child and his or her family.  I will strive to do what is in the best interest of the child.  Another goal is to teach all my co-workers different ways to work with children and families from diverse backgrounds.

I want to thank all of my classmates for their support, ideas, and discussions that we have had.  I have learned many things from each of you.  I wish you all luck and success in your future classes and with your future careers.  Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. Misty my goal as well is to make everyone feel accepted. We need to look into a child's deep culture to really get to know the child. Getting to know the child and family creates a positive bond that will encourage a partnership. Good luck in your future classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty, You have set a great goal for yourself in making a deeper connection with your families and ensuring that your staff has the tools necessary to work effectively with them as well.

    Thank you for providing great insight into your world of early childhood education!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too hope that we all continue to work together for the betterment of the children and families that we servel

    ReplyDelete