Sunday, August 11, 2013

Adjourning Groups

I believe adjourning from a group is difficult when close bonds are formed.  Working closely together in a group can lead to personal relationships and bonding.  It can be difficult to say good-bye.  I believe the hardest group to leave was when I was getting my bachelor's degree.  I had the same people in all of my classes for 2 years.  We always formed the same groups and became very close.  It was hard saying goodbye because we had all became very good friends and teammates.  I had shared so much with these group members over the past two years.  We had learned and grown together.

It has been several years now and we are all still friends and communicate with each other through facebook.  We have a special bond with each other that did not end when our classes and group projects ended.  I am glad that we still talk and are friends.

3 comments:

  1. Misty adjourning to a group can prove difficult especially when working with these individuals over a long period of time. You establish trust and friendships that can sometimes last forever. My teammates and I had to adjourn this year after 5 long years of working with each other. It was very difficult for all of us but we have been keeping in touch through electronic sources as well. Modern technology rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Misty,

    What would we do now without this technology? I am thinking back to being a kid and always on the phone. Now technology is so different but easily available. I agree that having close bonds makes it hard to adjourn. I am glad you still are able to keep in touch with your college friends.

    Victoria Leming

    ReplyDelete
  3. Misty,
    I had a very similar undergrad program, and many of my 35 classmates had been classmates of mine since our freshman year. Facebook has served as such a great way to stay connected to one another. I still stay connected to many of the people that I considered to be an acquaintance during high school, and sometimes it feels like a reunion when I come across a name face that I haven't seen in years. Having also participated in some internships with the military, Facebook was the best way that I stayed connected to those back home while I was abroad.

    ReplyDelete