Friday, July 20, 2012

Inspirational Quotes

Here are some inspirational quotes from different individuals involved with early childhood education:


"The highest stake of all is our ability to help children realize their full potential."
~~Samuel J. Meisels


“Most everyone knows that young children need to be challenged academically, and they need to be exposed to literacy, letters and sounds, and literature at an early age—(however) we really need to have an emphasis on all areas of development (cognitive, social and emotional skills).” 
~~Samuel J. Meisels


“Part of being who you are has to do with feeling your feelings, which means you'll have a wide range of emotions--not just constant sunshiny happiness.”
~~Janet Gonzalez-Mena

"The moment I decided to follow instead of lead, I discovered the joys of becoming part of a small child's world."
~~Janet Gonzalez-Mena

" I had a built in passion that it was important to make a real contribution in the world and to fix all the injustices that existed in the world." "So the passion to create a safer, more just world for all kids is there and suppose will be there until I die and maybe even after."
~~Louise Derman-Sparks

"I think first and foremost my passion comes from a lot of it is intrinsic motivation that I have for the work that I do. Every day, I go to work and look forward to it because I know the services that I'm providing for children it's to their benefit." I want the children to know "That there is more to life than just what's in their neighborhood."
~~Raymond Hernandez

"Having people offer me opportunities and opening doors for me where I feel like now, as I've gotten older, it's my turn to be able to create opportunities for parents and their children"
~~Raymond Hernandez

"We as professionals in the early childhood field have an opportunity to shape a child's life for the better."
~~Sandy Escobido

"It's not all about you, You have to take your ego out of it, and think about what's best for the child."
~~Renatta M. Cooper

"When I think about passion as a person I also embrace who I am; who I am as a woman, as a Latina leader, and what my family has taught me. It creates a foundation for my passion."
~~Leticia Lara









3 comments:

  1. I like the quotes from Meisels. The way he says we need to help children realize their full potential, challenge them, and expose them are so true. Educators need to stay motivated. Regardless of having to teach the basics to pass the tests each year, we can continue to stimulate these childrens' minds. It is our responsibility as educators.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the quote you posted by Janet Gonzalez-Mena, "The moment I decided to follow instead of lead, I discovered the joys of becoming part of a small child's world." It is very true that when we as educators give up trying to control and force our expectations on the children we are able to enjoy them more and actually get better results.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote from Renatta Cooper-- Some do think it is about them and not the children. I wish someone would knock them down and say wake up. We need to focus on the children because these children are our future.

    ReplyDelete