Monday, July 9, 2012

Personal Childhood Web

Growing up, I had several people that loved and supported me. They always encouraged me and wanted the best for me. The five people that I am including in my personal childhood web are my mom, my grandmother, my aunt, my stepdad, and my best friend. Without them, I am not sure where I would be today.



I will start off with my mom. My mom is the most supportive person I know. She is one of my best friends. I am an only child and my mom did everything she could to make sure I was happy. She always told me that I could be whatever I wanted to be. When I was sick, she took care of me. She always encouraged me to do my best in school and always went to school functions and parent-teacher conferences. As a teenager, she refused to let me go out and do what everyone else was doing. She taught me right from wrong. To this day, she is still teaching and inspiring me. I respect her and hope that I am as good of a mother to my children as she is to me.


My grandmother would keep me while my mom worked. When I was little, I loved going to her house. Being an only child, and the youngest grandchild by nine years, I was pretty spoiled by my grandmother. My granny would teach me how to make pies and let me help her. We would go for walks and she would teach me about the past. She always showed me how much she loved and cared about me. She made me feel special. She was there for me when my parents went through a divorce. As my grandmother has gotten older, she has developed alzheimer's disease. As of this moment she still remembers me, but I know the day is coming when she will not recognize me. I just hope that I can be there for her when that times comes like she was there for me when I was younger.






My Grandmother, My Mom, and Me







Another person that I am including in my web is my Aunt Shirley. She is my mom's older sister. She always encouraged me to be independant. Everyone in my family says I should have been her child instead of my mom's because I act more like her than my mom. She and I have a lot of the same beliefs and personality. She is a fighter and always fought for me. She helped raise me. She taught me right from wrong and took me to church. She enouraged me to continue servering the Lord as a I grew and became a teenager, and still continues to encourage me. She is a wonderful person and I am so glad she is in my life.

My stepdad came into my life when I was 13. He loved my mom and I so much. He did not have to be a dad to me, but he became the best dad. He would help me in any way that I needed him to. He did not ask any questions. He became a better dad than my biological father. I knew he cared about me and wanted the best for me. He always made me feel special. I was never left out of anything. I consider him my dad and my children call him their grandpa. He treats them like they were his own. They can do no wrong in his eyes. I respect him and his influence has made me a better person.















Amy is my best friend. She and I have been friends since 3rd grade. We really became close in 7th grade. We would spend every weekend at each other's houses and she has been like a sister to me. I can tell her anything and I know she will encourage me, help me, guide me, and just be there for me. Whenever I am feeling depressed or troubled, I can go to her and she will listen. She makes me feel special because she listens and is always there when I need her. She influenced me to make a career out of teaching. It was her passion and it became my passion too. She and I have a lot of fun memories together. We always went on vacations together. It was great seeing the country with my best friend. She and I are still best friends and she continues to influence and encourage me. She is still there whenever I need a friend. I know she always will be.






4 comments:

  1. Your childhood web describes a very supportive group of people in your life! All children need supportive people in their lives. For me, listing 5 was somewhat difficult. I could have listed more from various aspects of my life and at different phases of my life. Your pictures are great and support your web well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is fantastic that your step dad took such interest in you and truly became your father. Having a positive male influence, although drastically different from females at time, can be a crucial part in rounding development. It is great the he not only accepted you, but you allowed him into your life as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having your grandmother was a great benefit to your childhood. It was like having a second mom and I am sure your mother was more than appreciative for the help and support from her mom. I admire you for being able to hold on to your BFF, sounds like you are truly on the path to FOREVER.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your childhood web really shows an extensive support system. The way your grandmother was there with you through your parents' divorce, the way your aunt teaches you about the Lord, and having a friend that listens are just a few of many examples where I see the love they all have for you.

    ReplyDelete